Thursday, February 18, 2010

this past week

So this last week of training hasn't been great, mostly because the kids I nanny have their winter vacation this week and it's just so hard to make myself go to the gym after chasing around a 4 and a 6-year-old all day! Here's what happened:

Saturday-Met with my trainer. The workout was hard, but not impossible and I actually wasn't even sore from it. I guess that means I'm getting stronger? It was the last session I had with her since my 3-session birthday gift has run out:( I just don't have the money to spend $60/hour to meet with her, oh well. I think I've learned enough now and have enough variety that I can make up different strength routines that'll work for me.

Sunday-Did some cross-training, eliptical for 30 mins.

Monday-Was way too tired after work to go to the gym. My normal sleep schedule has been 1am-9am and going to bed at 1 then waking up at 7 made me exhausted!

Tuesday-Even worse in terms of tiredness. My parents needed to be at the airport at 4am and I had to bring them. Then, when I got back home I couldn't fall back asleep so it was just a very sleepy day and I did not go to the gym.

Wednesday-Ran 1.5 miles, walked 1.5. The gym is sooo crowded at 5:30pm, it's awful! The only treadmill open had a broken channel changer button so it was stuck on some trashy talk show where the moms don't know who the babby daddy is! Someone finally got off another treadmill so it was ok, but I still don't like going to the gym in that after-work rush and am so glad I don't normally have to.

Today-Took the kids swimming today and got quite the workout in! I was holding the little one and chasing after my 15-year-old brother in the water, very exhausting. I was planning on going running today too, but the parents got home late and I just can't make myself go.


My plan for the rest of the week is to run a short run tomorrow (2ish miles), then run 4 miles Saturday. Then, next week I should be able to get back on the schedule of the training plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment