Monday, January 25, 2010

2.5 miles today

So before I talk about today, here's a recap of my weekend:

Saturday-rest day.

Sunday-strength day. Had a nice workout-my abs and legs were sore!

Today-I ran 2.5 miles and walked 1.75 for a total of 4.25 miles in 57 minutes. It was actually warm out today-55 degrees-but unfortunately it was pouring and windy so I couldn't take advantage of the rare winter warmth and run outside. I was talking to Heather yesterday and we decided that running on a treadmill often feels a lot harder than walking outside. First, because you can't regulate your pace as well since doing so would require pushing the button rather than just naturally adjusting your speed when you run outside. Also, when you run outside you actually go somewhere! Even though I have the TV on my treadmill, it can still get quite monotonous and I find myself staring at the clock. I'm excited to start running outside again and hope that I'll see some improvement once I'm able to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment