Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rant about the New Year...

So. Yesterday I took my usual Monday evening strength class at my gym. Let me just rant for a second about all these "New Year's Resolutionists"(NYRs). It's not that I mind them being in the gym - they have just as much right to it as I do. What bothers me is how they are sooo rude and are constantly in the way. Plus, they're EVERYWHERE.

Yesterday's class was probably twice the size it would normally have been. That's fine. There was (sort of) room for everyone. One of the best things about my gym is that people are generally considerate. They pass back equipment and wait their turn to get something politely. They stand to the side out of the way when setting up their weights. BUT NO. These NYRs show up and start pushing and shoving to get their equipment. They stand right in front of the weight racks to set their stuff up. And to top it all off, they COMPLAIN through the class. UGH SUCK IT UP!!! And please, don't even get me started on how rude and pushy they are at the end of class. Didn't they pass kindergarten? Didn't they learn how to wait their turn? Apparently not!!! Can it be February yet?

Ok, rant over. Time to switch gears. Strength training. Yes. The class (aside from the NYRs) was great. We had a better instructor than last week, which is a definite plus. She actually walked around and helped with the technique. I added 3 kilos to my squat weight and still felt ok with it. I might add more next time -we'll see. I can definitely tell that I am getting stronger. In fact, I added about 3 kilos to my weight for every exercise (except for triceps...mine are ridiculously weak!)

Today, I'll be running 3.5 miles outside. Buddy is very excited about this. Me, not so much considering the cold...but I'll get through it!

Jackie - I've read that it takes time to get used to drinking water while you run, this could be the reason your stomach hurts...apparently it's really good to get used to drinking water as you go, so that on race day it doesn't shock your system. But who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment