I haven't updated in a few days because I have been super busy with wedding planning things - Nick and I sent out our save the dates and did our registries this weekend. Scherenid, I hope you get yours! I wasn't sure how much postage to put on a letter to PR!
Reorganizing my schedule worked out alright for me last week. Friday I decided to do a quick 2 mile run (19:18) instead of having a rest day. Because of that, I was able to take Saturday off from working out. Saturday we did all of our registering stuff, which was exhausting in itself. I was glad I didn't have to work out too!
On Saturday I also went and bought new running shoes because mine have been giving me blisters on my second toe and my heel. I was thinking mine might be worn out - I've had them for about 7 months or so. I love this little running store out where Nick lives called Charm City Run. I went to buy new shoes from there and the girl who sold them to me sold me 9.5's! I usually wear a 7 or a 7.5. She said that for running shoes you want to be able to push your thumb down on the fabric of the shoe and not touch your toe. I bought nice running shoes too with my Christmas money from my Grandpa. Thanks Pop!
Sunday I ran 5 miles in 51.03! This is the longest run I have EVER done and it wasn't too bad. My heels and toes felt better in my new shoes, but they definitely need to be broken in, because my arches have little blisters on them now. I ran the 5 miles at Nick's house in Baltimore and let me just tell you how strange it was to run on hills!! So much more tiring!! I need to keep doing it though, because the half marathon we are running is near Baltimore, so I'm sure it will be hilly. It was like 40 degrees and misting when I ran, but it wasn't too bad. It was strange to actually see other people while I was running, but I guess that'll happen when you're in a suburban area!
I'm sad to say that it was a really nice break to run without any dogs. Today I plan on running 3.5 with just Buddy. This way, I can focus on dealing with his issues. Nick said that he heard from a vet that the salt on the roads can really hurt a dog's pads. He thinks maybe this is why Buddy has been acting up. Buddy always runs on the pavement, and his pads are probably getting dried out. I'm going to watch out for it and look at his paws regularly. It shouldn't be an issue today, since we got a lot of rain over the past few days.
Friday's miles: 2.0
Sunday's miles: 5.0
This week's miles: 14.0
Total miles: 35.0
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment